The Association of London Directors of Children's Services (ALDCS) is a pan-London body representing all of London's statutory Directors of Children's Services. It provides strategic leadership which promotes and improves the work boroughs do to offer all children and young people the best start in life and opportunities and support to achieve their full potential.
The current Chair of the ALDCS is Yvette Stanley, Director of Children, Schools & Families at the London Borough of Merton.
A summary of the ALDCS current activity can be found in the related documents section of this webpage. Priorities for 2014/15 include:
- Child protection and safeguarding, including Child Sexual Exploitation and Prevent
- School place planning
- Long term financial planning in the context of reducing budgets
- Improving London adoption services
- Leadership succession planning in London
The ALDCS leads policy development and service improvement through:
- The Assistant Directors of Social Care Network
- The Assistant Directors Youth Offending Services Network
- The Heads of School Improvement Network
- The Early Years and Child Care Network
- London Adoption Board
- London Grid for Learning
London Councils provides the secretariat to the ALDCS. Please contact Serena Perry (firstname.lastname@example.org) to more information.