London Councils provides this network to develop best practice in boroughs’ ability to systematically collect and collate workforce data.
The network was formed in 2005 to provide better data for improved internal decision making and policy development; and to meet the information requirements of The Local Government Pay and Workforce Strategy and the productive time element of the Gershon Review.
- to produce practical outputs which will assist the boroughs in improving their people management information.
- to investigate the feasibility of establishing minimum common datasets
- to undertake an audit survey on boroughs data collection focusing on systems, resources, processes, and use of data
- to produce a standardised report/template for people management information
- working towards increasing the standardisation of definitions, for the different external surveys that exist, and a common basic dataset. The initial project will be the standardisation of occupational classifications/codings.
- to undertake projects on data collection issues such as absence reporting
- to drive best practice in workforce planning.
Chair: Mark Porter, LB Havering