Vision 2020 sets out how the education and skills sector in London needs to change in the medium-to-long-term so that young Londoners access and participate in high quality learning that keeps pace with the changing world and young people are better equipped to play a full part in the London of the future.
This annual statement of priorities “Participation, Achievement, Progression: Priorities for Young People’s Education and Skills 2018 to 2019” presents the areas in which immediate action is needed:
- To realise the vision;
- To address new and emerging issues;
- To ensure that London capitalises on immediate opportunities.
In it, we have concentrated on the broad principles and priorities for action that will enable greatest progress to be made on Vision 2020’s ambitions
The priorities for young Londoners described in this statement are:
- Improving the availability of high quality careers guidance throughout London;
- Ensuring that T levels help address London’s need for a high-skilled workforce;
- Continuing to promote and develop the Apprenticeship offer in London;
- Securing sufficient resources to fund in full the provision of world class learning to all young Londoners, particularly those with high support needs.
In August we expect to publish a document that supports the annual statement of priorities.